Ecolife® Treated Wood with DCOI Offers More Advantages
- Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood with DCOI is the only environmentally-advanced wood protection system with a fully integrated stabilizer, standardized by the American Wood Protection Association (AWPA).
- The fully integrated stabilizer repels water, minimizes cracking and keeps boards straighter, providing maximum weathering protection from the sun and weather extremes.
- The active ingredient is DCOI, an organic, broad spectrum pesticide, that is not an EPA restricted use pesticide.
- Ecolife does not contain any Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- DCOI earned the EPA’s Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award in 1996 for its use in marine antifoulants.
- Ecolife with DCOI was developed for above ground use. The preservative formulation is designated as EL2, and standardized as a wood preservative by the AWPA in 2008.
- The Ecolife preservative is highly effective in protecting wood from fungal decay and termite attack.
- Ecolife treated wood stays straighter, minimizing lost time and money spent on culling, complaints, and callbacks.
- Ecolife treated wood is less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products, including aluminum flashing.
- Ecolife is certified by the Home Innovation NGBS Research Labs Green Certified Product for Resource Efficiency. This means Ecolife products are eligible to contribute points toward a building's certification under the National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS).
- Ecolife is backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty. See warranty details.
- Ecolife is approved for use in above ground applications that are six inches or more from the ground in certain residential and agricultural uses.
decking, deck framing, joists, and beams
porches, arbors, gazebos, trellis, and walkways
picnic tables, outdoor furniture, benches, and playsets
sill plates and furring strips
Look for Ecolife or EL2 on the end tags.
Ecolife treated wood may not be available at all locations.