Ecolife treated wood provides maximum protection and enhanced performance for outdoor wood framing, decking, and above ground projects six inches or more from the ground.
The Top 15 Benefits of Ecolife Treated Wood with DCOI
- Ecolife stabilized weather-resistant wood with DCOI is the only environmentally advanced wood protection system with a fully integrated stabilizer standardized by the American Wood Protection Association.
- Ecolife's active ingredient is DCOI, a non-metallic preservative that protects wood from fungal decay and termite attack.
- DCOI is not a Restricted Use Pesticide and is a very effective fungicide.
- Ecolife's stabilizer repels water and reduces checking to fight the effects of the sun and weather extremes.
- There is no need to seal for up to three years due to built-in water repellency.
- Ecolife keeps boards straighter.
- Ecolife is less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products, including aluminum flashing even in continuous wet environments.
- Wood decks are more economical and retain more value than all other decking options. Check the 2023 Remodeling cost vs. value report.
- Ecolife does not contain any VOCs.
- Ecolife is Home Innovation NGBS Green Certified - National Green Building Standard.
- Ecolife offers a high-performing natural option.
- Real wood decks offer natural beauty with unique and beautiful variegated grain patterns.
- Ecolife can be finished to match any color scheme.
- Ecolife minimizes lost time and money spent on culling, complaints, and call-backs.
- Ecolife is backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty against fungal decay and termite attack. See warranty for details.
Ecolife Treated Wood Uses
Ecolife can be used in above ground components in these popular applications:
- decking, deck framing, joists, and beams
- porches, arbors, gazebos, trellis, and walkways
- picnic tables, outdoor furniture, benches, and playsets
- outdoor structures
- sill plates and furring strips
Ecolife is an American Wood Protection Association standard as a complete wood protection system, combining fungicides and biocides to protect and stabilize wood for use in residential and agricultural applications that are six inches or more off the ground. Check the lumber end tag for the AWPA preservative code, “EL2”, or the Ecolife logo for above ground applications.