What is Ecolife®?
- Ecolife Stabilized Weather-Resistant Wood with DCOI is the only environmentally-advanced wood protection system with a fully integrated stabilizer.
- The Ecolife preservative is highly effective in protecting wood from fungal decay and termites.
- The fully integrated stabilizer repels water, minimizes cracking and keeps boards straighter, providing maximum weathering protection from the sun and weather extremes.
- Ecolife was developed for above ground use, six inches or more from the ground.
- EL2, the formulation used in Ecolife was standardized as a wood preservative by the American Wood Protection Association (AWPA) in 2008.
- The formulation for DCOI is 4,5-Dichloro-2-n-Octyl-4-Isothiazolin-3-One (CAS No 64359-81-5).
- DCOI is an organic, broad-spectrum biocide.
- DCOI is not a Restricted Use Pesticide.
- DCOI earned the EPA’s Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award for its use in marine antifoulants in 1996.
- DCOI was first registered in 1996 as a wood preservative for use via pressure treatment, for sapstain protection, and in millwork applications.
- Formulated with a built-in stabilzer that repels water, minimizes cracking and splitting, and keeps boards straighter longer.
- Minimizes lost time and money spent on culling, complaints and callbacks.
- Less corrosive to fasteners and compatible with aluminum products, including aluminum flashing.
- Ecolife is certified by the Home Innovation NGBS Research Labs Green Certified Product for Resource Efficiency. This means Ecolife products are eligible to contribute points toward a building's certification under the National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS).
- Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty. See warranty details.
Check out this :38 video in real time to see the difference between Ecolife treated wood and ordinary treated wood.