Viance sponsors the following two CEU courses available free online:
1. Course Number: VIA06C, "Fire Retardant Treated Wood for Commercial and Residential Structures"
This course provides insight into the growing need for and use of fire retardant treated wood (FRTW). We explore both interior and exterior FRTW and discuss treatment options. Through a review of applications, codes, and standards, the design professional will have a better understanding of how to incorporate FRTW into their next project.
- Explain how fire-retardant treated wood (FRTW) reduces personal injury and property damage by reducing the spread of flame and smoke
- Discuss the differences between interior and exterior FRTW and common applications of each
- Identify the organizations and codes that ensure FRTW products are standardized and safe for future users, especially in the event of an emergency
- List the various tests and quality control process
2. Course Number: VIA06D, "All Treated Wood is Not the Same."
Protective treatments are important for any wood project, but all treated wood is not the same. Join us in this one-hour course as we discuss standards and guidelines for treated wood and preservatives in order to ensure wood projects are safe and code compliant. Participants will learn about important standards, testing methods, and applications that will help them evaluate treated wood for future projects.
- Describe the need for protective treatments that ensure wood projects and buildings remain structurally and environmentally safe
- Identify standards and guidelines created by organizations such as the EPA and AWPA for treated wood and preservatives
- Recall important research and development testing methods in order to evaluate the environmental and performance characteristics of treated wood
- Apply knowledge of treatment standards for residential deck construction to ensure projects are safe and code compliant
Viance's free courses for CEU credits are published on Ronblank.com.
- AIA Approved Course - American Institute of Architects
Completion Provides: 1 AIA LU CE Hour
RonBlank.com reports earned credits to AIA on your behalf.
- AIBD Approved Course - American Institute of Building Design
Completion Provides: 1 AIBD CE Hour
Members must self-report credits for AIBD.
- OAA Approved Course - Ontario Association of Architects
Completion Provides: 1 OAA Structured Learning Hour
Members must self-report cedits for OAA.
- AAA Approved Course - Alberta Association of Architects
Completion Provides: 1 AAA Structured Learning Hour
Members must self-report cedits for AAA.
- SAA Approved Course - Saskatchewan Association of Architects
Completion Provides: 1 SAA Core Learning Hour
Members must self-report cedits for SAA.