D-Blaze® Fire Retardant Treated Wood Applications
D-Blaze pressure-treated lumber and plywood are designed for interior wood framing and sheathing applications where fire retardant construction materials are specified or required by building code.
D-Blaze fire-retardant treated wood (FRTW) is highly effective at slowing down the spread of flame and smoke caused by fire, increasing evacuation time, and potentially reducing damages and repair costs. D-Blaze FRTW effectively slows the combustion cycle of fire by forming a protective layer of char, hindering flame spread and smoke formation.
With over 35 years of proven performance and backed by a 50-Year Limited Warranty, D-Blaze FRTW is protected against structural failure due to strength loss caused by high temperature and high humidity conditions.
Check treatedwood.com’s Where to Buy page to find D-Blaze near you.
D-Blaze FRTW products are:
- fire resistant
- easy to handle
- workable with common woodworking tools
- offers a lower in-place cost than materials classified as non-combustible
D-Blaze FRTW has been used in hundreds of projects across North America, including notable buildings such as:
- One World Trade Center, New York
- Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower, Chicago
- Navy Pier, Chicago
- Arlington Stadium home of the Texas Rangers, Arlington, TX
- Apple headquarters in Cupertino, CA
- Sheathing, decks, and rafters
- Walls - load bearing and partition, plywood sheathing and studs
- Flooring - subfloors, joists, plywood sheathing, studs, and trusses
- Other Structural Uses - wood framing, stairways, steps, beams, blocking and paneling