D-Blaze treated lumber and plywood are designed for interior wood framing and sheathing applications where fire retardant construction materials are specified or required by building code. D-Blaze treated lumber and plywood can contribute green building points towards a building’s green certification.
D-Blaze® FRTW and the Environment
- Wood is a sustainable, renewable resource. In the U.S., total forest area increased by 18 million acres between 1990 and 2020.
- Low-energy requirements for production
- Absorbs and sequesters carbon
- Reduces generation of greenhouse gases
- Has insulation value – thermal acoustical, electrical
Points Toward Green Certification
- Local, regional materials
- Rapidly renewable, bio-based materials
- Certified wood by Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) by mill/treater
- GreenGuard Gold certified for low emissions, no VOCs or formaldehyde
- Qualifies for Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- Design flexibility
- Contributes points toward LEED building certifications
- LEED – Materials and Resources, Indoor Air Quality
- Sources of Raw Materials
- Material Ingredients
- Purchasing - Regional Priority
- Indoor Environmental Quality for Low-emitting materials
- D-Blaze VOC content and Red List Compliance
- Institutional: Schools, Hospitals, Airports, Museums
- Commercial: Shopping Centers, Restaurants, Sport Arenas
- Residential: Multi-family Homes, Military Housing
With over 35 years of proven performance, D-Blaze is backed by a 50-Year Limited Warranty against structural failure due to strength loss caused by high temperature and high humidity conditions.
Where to Buy
Check treatedwood.com Where to Buy page to find D-Blaze near you.
Download the following resources at the links below.
- D-Blaze and USGBC LEED and FSC Chain of Custody Information
- D-Blaze UL GreenGuard GOLD Certification Test Report and Certificate
- D-Blaze UL GreenGuard Certification Test Report and Certificate
- D-Blaze Technical Bulletin - UL GreenGuard Certification
- D-Blaze VOC Content and Red List Free Compliance
- D-Blaze and Viance product contributions to green building: LEED, NGBS and GreenGuard Gold
Other Technical D-Blaze Documents
Building specifications and technical bulletins