Some people cover their outdoor furniture and basically hibernate in their homes during the winter. Instead of defaulting to the den in front of the TV, below are ways to create memorable moments on your deck in the colder months.
- When it's the weekend with family or friends, whether the holidays or not, turn on that space heater, put the cushions in the chairs and enjoy hot cider, hot chocolate, or other libations under the stars.
- Get a deck box for your outdoor cushions from your local home improvement center. You can retrieve cushions and grilling equipment easily when it's not raining, sleeting or snowing.
- Add string lights to the railing for an instant festive party vibe.
- Serve warm appetizers. Ideas from HGTV.
- Grill your meal. You're almost glamping.
- For dessert, make s'mores over your firepit, chimenea, or grill.
- Those pyramid space heaters not only keep you warm, they are the type used at fancy restraurants and the fire is a display in itself.
- Toss a few warm throws on the chairs, sofa and chaise lounge to keep cozy.
- Play a board game or free cell phone games like charades. Take photos. These will be memorable.
- Enjoy the brisk, clean air.
Viance is the leading innovator in treated wood preservation. Viance developed more environmentally advanced preservative formulations with DCOI for residential and industrial applications.
For residential use, Ecolife® treated wood for decking, railing and other above ground use, was developed over 15 years ago with unsurpassed durability.
In 2018, UltraPole® NXT with DCOI treated wood poles and crossarms effectively replaced penta in the utility industry. And now a DCOI preservative formulation for the wood railroad tie market is UltraTie™.